Sunday, April 30, 2006

Loren and Sally's Spring Visit

Loren and Sally drove all the way from Arizona for a visit and a delivery in April. They brought all of Katie's childhood stuff and a treasure trove of great tools for the workshop! We had a great visit while they were out here.

Here's a nice shot on the deck in front of the sweet gum tree.



Sally opened birthday gifts while she was here.


Sally also spent lots and lots of time looking out into the greenness of the Alabama spring. She doesn't get treated to this much green out in the Arizona desert, so I think this was a highlight for her.


During the birthday gift ceremony, we got sidetracked trying to teach Sally how to do the "floating hot dog" trick. We're still waiting to hear if she has seen it yet! (Sepia for dramatic effect....ok, I was just playing with settings on the camera)


This watermelon got shockingly high ratings on the RWS (Richards Watermelon Scale). I believe I heard some scores in the 9's! This early in the season, that's big news!


And so another wonderful visit came to an end. We're meeting up next month in a cabin in northern MN for the next Richards family gathering, where the newest member, Ada, will get to meet her Aunt Katie and Uncle Fran! (Of course Ada wasn't born yet at the time of this visit, so this is a giveaway that it took us a while to make this blog post!)

No comments: